Explore Thailand’s weird, wonderful, and offbeat side.
Stop endlessly researching or reading online reviews to figure out where you should go. Instead, learn about what’s worthy from an experienced travel blogger.
This isn’t just a list of places to go…
A Worthy Go itinerary is a curated collection to help you enjoy what’s worthy in the city, whether it’s well known or well off the beaten path.
- Icons – know at a glance if it’s free, safe for kids, easy to find, etc.
- A brief intro to the city / country
- Recommended hostels / hotels
- What to bring, how to get around, how to connect to the internet, safety warnings, and more
- A location index, a category index, and an alphabetical index
Oh, and plenty of specific directions.
Last updated: July 2018
Just a few of the places inside:
- The museum of elephants carved from wood
- The biggest collection of Batman stuff in Thailand
- The museum where the chicken bowls are made
- The park where paper really is made from poo
- The island where you can eat deep fried flowers
- The museum of Counterfeit Goods: try to tell real from fake
- The creepiest-looking forest in Thailand
- The Thai Film Museum: a glimpse back in time, through movies
And plenty more.
Buy now and start exploring the awesome side of Thailand.
A few early reviews:
“Although I have been in Thailand for many years, Chris always seems to discover a place that I have never heard about before. That is why I was happy to hear that he had written an e-book on some of the weird and wonderful places that can be found around Thailand. If you want to get off the beaten track, then I highly recommend A Guidebook to Offbeat Thailand as an easy guide to some of Thailand’s more bizarre and unseen attractions.” — Richard Barrow, famous Thai blogger
“Take a walk on the weird side with this informative and easy-to-use book that’s equipped with handy GPS coordinates and plenty of tell-tale pics.” — Jim Algie, author of “Bizarre Thailand: Tales of Crime, Sex and Black Magic”
“Thai culture is often described as “elegant,” and while this is certainly true, it also has an endearingly quirky side that can be a lot of fun to explore. Chris Backe’s Guidebook to Offbeat Thailand is the finest travel guide to date that specifically hones in on Thailand’s quirky and offbeat destinations. With insightful words, great photos and precise directions and maps, it’s a user-friendly and thoroughly researched collection that’s a must for travelers who want to go beyond the predicable in Thailand.” — David Luekens, Travelfish.com
About Worthy Go
Worthy Go itineraries offer an unbiased look at what’s worthy in a city or area/province. You get recommendations to what to see and do, where to eat, where to sleep, and most importantly, how to get there with clear directions and GPS coordinates.
About the author
Chris Backe (rhymes with ‘hockey’) is the author behind dozens of Worthy Go itineraries and guidebooks. He is the former blogger behind One Weird Globe, and has been seen in Atlas Obscura, io9, Fark, Mental Floss, Groove Magazine, and many other publications. When not traveling or writing, he enjoys swing dancing and a good board or card game.