What is Worthy Go?
Worthy Go is a travel blog and series of itineraries / guidebooks that focuses on the worthy, the weird, and the wonderful places around the world.
- Because we’re living in a post-‘off-the-beaten-path’ world.
- Because a place that has 10,000 Tripadvisor reviews does not mean it’s worth the cost, time, or effort to reach.
- Because there’s a limited amount of time and money to waste on less-than-awesome places.
- Because popular, well-known places can be tacky, crowded, expensive, or overrated, and popular doesn’t equal good.
- Because travel is about going somewhere in person, not exploring from afar.
- Because you’ve got to get there first to see it for yourself.
Chris Backe (rhymes with ‘hockey’) is the blogger behind Worthy Go, author of dozens of guidebooks, a board game designer, and web developer. He’s been seen in Atlas Obscura, Conde Nast Traveler, Mental Floss, Fark, the Daily Mail Online, and dozens of other publications.
He’s been a travel blogger since 2008 on several different websites:
- 2008-2013 as Chris in South Korea (stopped after leaving the country)
- 2013-2014 as Chris in Thailand (stopped after realizing it was a better idea to rebrand and cover more countries)
- 2014-2018 as One Weird Globe (stopped because I sold the blog)
- 2018-present as Worthy Go.